double pending refund

vvphotoman
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous that a user has to go to the community to get a question asked.  I refunded a buyer... the transaction never showed up after 24 hours so I figured it never went through and clicked on the refund again.  Now my summary shows that he was refunded 5 days ago and this second refund is pending and there is no way to report an issue with what is going on.   Can any body help ????

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vvphotoman 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. The buyer funded their payment to you using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit you upfront on the buyers behalf (so there is no delay in despatching the item). Then if you issue a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

So you may have to wait for the 2 refunds to complete (if the pending one does complete) and then ask the buyer to pay you again for the over-refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.