automated responses on the phone? No one there??

dannyb66
Contributor
Contributor
Why is there no one at the end of the phone with PayPal?
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dannyb66

Paypal is 'country specific' so advice often depends on what country you are in. As you have not added your country to your community profile or said in your post then we can't help at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dannyb66
Contributor
Contributor
I'm in the UK. I'm trying to find out where my refund has gone. They said the cheque would be cleared and funds available to me today but my account is st 0
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dannyb66

Do you mean you have been paid via an echeque and the clearance date ON your paypal account is today?

If so then the clearance date is an estimate as different banks have different clearance times but it normally clears by tomorrow at the latest.

Or am I mistaken with what you are asking, if so post back.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dannyb66
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, thanks for your reply. The message from PayPal last week said the echeque funds would be available on or around today but my account shows 0 and it also says it was paid on 4th! Don't understand why I was refunded by echeque as I paid with my debit card! Cheats!!
Login to Me Too

dannyb66
Contributor
Contributor
And sorry, yes original question was why the telephone response is automated with no option to speak to anyone directly to find out what was going on!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dannyb66

So you are talking about a REFUND??

If so then a seller can ONLY refund via an echeque OR funds in their paypal balance.

When it 'clears' then it will go back to your bank account / debit card normally a few days after completion.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.