Where is the History tab?

PennyWakeham
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I would like to search historical transactions but can't find the 'History Tab' which people talk about.  Where is it please?  The search between two dates doesn't work.  Say it can't find any transactions.

Thanks, Penny

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You would have to click on "classic view" to see the old page where history showed.

Classic view is at the bottom of your account summary page.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PennyWakeham
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks but I did that and I'm darned if I can see where this history tab that you talk of in other posts is.  The date range thing does'nt give me details far enough back.

Can you point me towards this 'tab'?

Penny

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hi PennyWakeham,

Thank you for asking your question on our Community.

I see that Kernowlass already has given you an option but that his didn't work :(.

If you want to access your history you can use the activity tab.

If you log in you should see at the top left the tabs: PayPal - summary- Activity.

When you click on 'Activity' this will give you your transaction history.

I hope this information helps.

Dian

Login to Me Too

Thecosyteapot
New Community Member
I'm trying to refund a cancelled transaction. Couldn't find the history tab, then followed directions to the activity tab. I still cannot find a clear way to refund my customer. What am I missing?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi The cosyteapot,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum.

When you are refunding a customer you should see a refund button next to the payment you want to refund. If you are not seeing it in your recent transaction, go to the history tab and put in the date of the transaction you want to find. Once you find the transaction you should see a refund button next to it.

Please let us know how you get on.

Paula

Login to Me Too

Gef46
this is the prob that we cannot find the old classic history .. we only see some transactions that were done but not all of them like cancelled transactions
Login to Me Too

Dexter3
New Community Member

For new Paypal Dashboard, it is under:

Activity > Statements > Activity Export > Basic Search

Hope this helps..

Login to Me Too

cat65
Contributor
Contributor
Had the same issue , nearly impossible to navigate , i wish paypals web developers would just leave things as they are & stop changing things for the sake of thier own employment "if its not broken ....DON"T fix it!"
Login to Me Too

photoartsd
Contributor
Contributor

There is no "Activity > Statements " in my PayPal so I can't get to Activity > Statements > Activity Export > Basic Search.

Here is the email that PayPal sent me:

If you would like to cancel this subscription, log in to your PayPal account and go to the "History" subtab of the "My Account" tab. Choose "Subscriptions" from the pull-down "Show" menu and press the "Submit" button. Choose this subscription, and click on its "Details" link. You will be taken to a Transaction Details page from which you may cancel your subscription. Cancelling your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for this subscription.

UNQUOTE

I have no "My Account" tab so I can't get to a History subtab.

Many answers in the forums say to switch to classic view. I have no choice anywhere to switch to classic view.

PayPal's losing me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.