Where is the History tab?

PennyWakeham
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I would like to search historical transactions but can't find the 'History Tab' which people talk about.  Where is it please?  The search between two dates doesn't work.  Say it can't find any transactions.

Thanks, Penny

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@photoartsd

Are you trying to cancel a subscription OR view your history ?

If its cancel a subscription then  >>

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > and under "manage upcoming payments" top left of page second option down is pre-approved payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

photoartsd
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for trying to help. Everyone keeps talking about "tabs" but I have no tabs in my PayPal.

I have no payments third option, no thick blue band top of page , no "manage upcoming payments" anywere, and no pre-approved payments anywhere. PayPal is really frustrating.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@photoartsd

Firstly you are posting on a thread dated 2014 so most of that info is out of date.

I did not say you have actual tabs I said click on the profile tab (but its just called that), but its the icon next to ''log out''.

Are you actually in the UK?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

photoartsd
Contributor
Contributor

I'd love to find a thread where the information is NOT out of date. That would be great!

I grew up back in the days when words had meanings. Sorry that I think tabs would be called tabs and icons would be icons and words would be words. Click on "Profile" seems like it should suffice. Why be wordy when it's not necessary?

I'm in the United States.

Forget about helping me, though. PayPal sucks. Even though I've been with them since 2001, I think it's time to tell 'em goodbye.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@photoartsd

If you want to have up to date info then click on a thread where all the posts are not in 2014 apart from yours OR start a new thread.

Also if you are in  the U.S then no wonder this thread has not worked for you as you are posting on the UK FORUM.

As paypals set up differs country to country then it would have been more sensible for you to have posted on the U.S FORUM  .

That way you would have received advice for a U.S paypal account rather than being obnoxious about information supplied appropriate to paypal users in the U.K.

As for when you grew up would that have been at the same time that I grew up or are you presuming I am in my 20's?? I guess you are being judgemental about helpers as well.

As for being ''wordy'' I have no idea why paypal calls things what they do. This is a community forum and I have nothing to do with paypal, I just post here to try and help others learn how to use it.

Yep will certainly forget about you, not only do you post on the wrong forum but then have a pop at those giving you the correct advice for that countries paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gef46
finally someone that gave a proper answer! thx a lot dexter !
Login to Me Too

YoursAlways
New Community Member

Hi,

So what did 'Dexter' say? I am also wondering where this history tab is if it's actually there.

Thank you,

Login to Me Too

markresan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Where is the History tab?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi markresan,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Here’s how to view your transaction history:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  3. Use the date range, 'Advanced search' options or the keyword search box to target specific timeframes, transaction types or parties.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

MS45
Contributor
Contributor
Yep had this "problem" on the App. Not really a problem just not user friendly. So the main page you see when you open the app would show payments received and pending payments. Just keep scrolling down past this until you see "recent activity". You can refund transactions(full or partial) for up to 180 days. You will see the payment received in that recent activity list, select it and the button appears to do the refund. Really hope this helps
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.