What does "Money sent - Pending" mean?

rohakroy
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent money to a friend through the PayPal app however in the "Your Activity" section it says that the money is still pending and says "eCheque estimated completion date is 9 Jul" (I transferred the money on 3 Jul). What does this mean?

I also don't see any money transactions from my actual HSBC bank app. When will I be able to see the money being taken out from my bank account? 

(I have a VISA debit card)

I am new to PayPal and am really confused about what is happening and would appreciate some help to understand. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rohakroy 

The date is estimated dependent on your banks processing times.

You just have to wait for it to leave your bank account > go via electronic transfer (echeque) via ACH in batches > to paypal > to your friend.

So the clearance date is when your friend 'should' get it but as its estimated it can be 'around' that date. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rohakroy 

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant, that is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

HOWEVER if its not a purchase for goods and its being sent using the friends/family option then this time you take the wait (as its processed free of charge).

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rohakroy
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for replying. I think I understand what you mean however what does the term "eCheque estimated completion date" mean? 

Do I have to do anything or will the money automatically be taken away from my debit card and be transferred to my friend? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rohakroy 

The date is estimated dependent on your banks processing times.

You just have to wait for it to leave your bank account > go via electronic transfer (echeque) via ACH in batches > to paypal > to your friend.

So the clearance date is when your friend 'should' get it but as its estimated it can be 'around' that date. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rohakroy
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks again, just one last query.

I only have a VISA debit card as I've mentioned earlier.

I'm assuming when you say the money will be taken from my bank account, you mean it will be taken from the money I have in my debit card right? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.