We're sorry.. Things don't appear to be working at the moment.

Bekiandy
New Community Member
Trying to make an eBay purchase using PayPal. I click on 'pay with PayPal in eBay check out, which takes me through to PayPal as normal. PayPal asks for my email and password. The next page starts to load (the page with my name and address at the top and then how I want to pay, so PayPal balance, debit card, PayPal credit etc). It then weirdly says that it is signing me in despite the page with my name and address being half loaded so it had already signed me in. It then comes up with the error message 'we're sorry things don't appear to be working at the moment. I have however made a different purchase through eBay this afternoon and that worked. It's just this one item that it is doing it with.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

residentbrit
Contributor
Contributor

Been like this all day for me too, I purchased something from another website today and paid using paypal 4 easy payments and it went through fine, some interaction with eBay and Paypal, the action of relogging me in is the same and makes me wonder if they have a redirect issue or some token is not passing correctly onto some backend microservice.  I contacted Paypal support and the rep told me:

We are currently having an update with eBay checkout. Nothing to worry about because our engineering team are already engaged on finishing the update. You will receive an email notification once its resolved.

That was a few hours ago, so I dunno whether that was just a canned answer or what.
Login to Me Too

EightBitWhit
Contributor
Contributor

Same exact issue here.  It's been going on for me the past 3 days and I'm not able to pay for anything. 

I've contacted both eBay and PayPal customer support.  eBay says there are no checkout issues on their side and recommended I contact PayPal, and I'm awaiting a response from them.  I'll post back here if I hear anything helpful.

Login to Me Too

residentbrit
Contributor
Contributor

This morning the camera I wanted on ebay was gone, I found another and was able to purchase it using paypal credit, then I went and found a lens and I am back to the same issue again, oh actually it's just gotten worse, the paypal popup comes up and goes away, phone and computer

Login to Me Too

CognitiveDisson
New Community Member

Having this same issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.