Unknown source payment

Ge18
New Community Member

£34.99 has been taken from my bank account through PayPal on 27/06 by a company called digital river Ireland. I have never come into contact with this company.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ge18

Have you purchased AVG anti virus software at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AceDoodle
New Community Member

I'm unsure what to do.

My bank isn't very good at telling me when I make payments (at time of happening), doesn't show me live any standing payments and only after a week shows payments I have made on my debit card. I checked my balance of my overdraft today as it was getting low, before my next paycheck came in and I noticed a £19.99 payment to Digital River almost two weeks ago when I travelled to London.

I did what normal people do and looked up the company, and saw all the negative reviews of fraudulent activity.....but then I was surprised that a few days after the transaction I was refunded the same amount.

What should I do?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AceDoodle 

Digital river is an ecommerce payment company. They don't fraudulently take your money. They partner with companies like Samsung, Microsoft, razr, McAfee, avast, etc. If you buy from those websites, your charge may show up as from digital river. They also handle subscriptions. A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product, like anti virus, and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting Again...Digital river just handles the orders and payments submitted by partner companies.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.