USA Paypal wont work for Costa RIca charges

Camsaiga
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone!

Recently I tried to purchase a game from the EPIC store. I was able to buy the game using my American Paypal / Bank account on my American EPIC account. However when I went to install the game it would not work due to my region being Costa Rica. 

I currently live in Costa Rica, taking care of a family member who has cancer. I currently am an American, my money, bank, mail etc all is in America. I also have used my bank and purchased digital goods from Amazon, Blizzard, Steam, Origin, Adobe and more while living here in Costa Rica. 

Epic Support changed my account to Costa Rica and refunded my US copy of the game. I then went to buy the game from the region of Costa Rica and I now get this error message; 

Sorry, we weren’t able to set up preapproved payments at this time.
Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay.

ALSO gotten messages telling me my billing address do not match. Well yea....my Paypal is AMerican, I am AMerican, my finances are AMerican. In order to play my game however I had to set EPIC to region of Costa Rica. 

I have a ticket up the chain at EPIC but things move so slowly there...hoping someone here can help me. I also did chat with Paypal, went nowhere. I explained my situation and got told o clear my cookies and cache...that was it, which did nothing. 
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Camsaiga 

Sorry but you'll need to set up a Costa Rica PayPal account. Or, contact PayPal customer service and let them know you are traveling abroad and need access to your US PayPal account.

Contact customer service for assistance:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Say "Live Agent" to the automated recording.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Camsaiga
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use live chat or email for this? I do not have a long distance plan currently as it costed way to much for how often I used it. I have a local phone I use currently and cancelled my old one for the time being. I do have a US number but with a family member who handle my bank texts etc if i need them. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Camsaiga 

You can certainly try.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Camsaiga
Contributor
Contributor

I would also ask, if my paypal is declined due to region issues, can you load money onto paypal, amount needed and bypass the previously discussed problem or nah? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.