Too many email notifications for debit card transactions

ab18
Contributor
Contributor

I have long been unhappy that I receive an email every time I use my Paypal debit card, with the subject line "Receipt for your payment to [merchant name]". But recently I have started receiving another email immediately before this receipt email, with the subject line "You payd [merchant name] using your debit card."

First off: the email from paypal claiming to be a "receipt" is nothing of the kind. By any basic accounting or tax standard a receipt includes an itemized list of everything that was purchased, which of course Paypal cannot know or include in this email. Stop calling it a receipt. You are just confusing people, who must then be un-confused by their accountants and bookkeepers who may need an actual receipt, which can only obtained from the merchant.

Second: I know I paid the merchant because I had the card in my hot little hand in the store where I stuck it into a reader and entered my pin. I don't need you to tell me I did this. I certainly don't need to be told twice. There should be an option to opt out of these emails. You say in these emails we can opt out, but this is a lie. It has been a lie for years. Stop the lies. Stop this annoyance. Stop the emails. Stop lying to us by telling us we can opt out. You are just irritating your customers and discouraging us from using our cards, which is self-evidently stupid on your part.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.