Sending money thru zoom

jojot0627
When can I see a refund on the money I sent myself thru zoom? It took too long to receive
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JoJot0627,

Thanks for your query regarding the Xoom Payments Services, if you paid via PayPal balance it can take up to 12 hours to reach back to your account if it has already been sent it can typically take 3-5 working days due to it having to be cleared out of the bank account you would have sent it to.

Thanks,

Harley <removed>

If you've found this helpful please give me a kudo!

Login to Me Too

jojot0627
It was PayPal balance... so it should come back 12 hours? I tried sending it to myself but I waited hours And nothing so I canceled it.
Login to Me Too

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JoJot0627,

I understand, this could have been due to a transaction being withheld due to security purposes as they do this quite often when your new to sending through xoom or have not made a transaction in a while then suddenly do one or it could even be multiples every day or week.

It should hit back into the account within 12 hours if that time has surpassed then I would recommend calling PayPal Customer Services or simply sending them a live-chat message.

In the meantime are you able to tell me what the payment says on the transactions list ( e.g Hold,Pending or +$/£xx.xx )

Thanks,

Harley <removed>

Login to Me Too

jojot0627
Zoom processing started we will provide you with a update shortly. I didn’t want to wait days otherwise I can do it to my bank account and PayPal wouldn’t let me use the generated code either. See I was sending it to myself. I had remarried and my maiden name is on my PayPal but I added my married name to my maiden name I wonder if this held it up. Hopefully they refund it with the fees. It was already a hassle getting the money from the item I sold
Login to Me Too

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi JoJo,

Yes, they should refund it within a small timeframe and you shouldn't be waiting too long lets hope they are normally really good with their refunds.

Thanks,

Harley <removed>

Login to Me Too

jojot0627
I hope they give my fee back too because I already lost money with the trans, eBay fees and PayPal fees
Login to Me Too

Insignia3D
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Yes, all fee's will be refunded for a cancelled transaction as per policy 🙂

Thanks,

Harley <removed>

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Insignia3D, @jojot0627,

Thank you @Insignia3D for you help answering our user's questions! We appreciate it. Recently, PayPal has updated our Terms of Service regarding refunding seller fees for refunded PayPal transactions. You can find the most recent information here: If a refund I issue is accepted, are the fees from the original transaction credited to my account? 

Also, you may want to reach out to eBay for any questions regarding eBay fees.

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.