Scam

sumtmg15
Contributor
Contributor

I authorized a transaction to a chinese seller ( mariemaker) selling an item for really cheap price. It is pending, but There is no cancel option. What are my options here?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sumtmg15 

Contact seller to cancel. Did you pay through some kind of integrated PayPal checkout into their website?

Click on the transaction and check if it says its a temporary authorization. A temporary authorization is an agreement with the merchant to pay. PayPal cannot cancel it. Only the seller can release you from the authorization.

With Chinese sellers its like pulling teeth to get them to cancel. If they don't cancel the transaction or respond, the transaction will eventually be marked as complete when they've captured the payment, usually around 3 days. Then you can dispute but its possible merchant say that they've shipped and you have to wait until you receive it and if you don't want it to ask to return it.

But PayPal may not be able to help with that if you escalate since its might be a buyer's remorse reason (or if it turns out the item is fake or Significantly Not As Described when you receive item), so you "might" lose or win a Significantly Not As Described case if you try reopen case depending on what happens upon receipt. Its a "You bought it its yours" with the Chinese shops. They're not down with the changing of mind stuff, canceling order rigamarole. 😞

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sumtmg15 

Contact seller to cancel. Did you pay through some kind of integrated PayPal checkout into their website?

Click on the transaction and check if it says its a temporary authorization. A temporary authorization is an agreement with the merchant to pay. PayPal cannot cancel it. Only the seller can release you from the authorization.

With Chinese sellers its like pulling teeth to get them to cancel. If they don't cancel the transaction or respond, the transaction will eventually be marked as complete when they've captured the payment, usually around 3 days. Then you can dispute but its possible merchant say that they've shipped and you have to wait until you receive it and if you don't want it to ask to return it.

But PayPal may not be able to help with that if you escalate since its might be a buyer's remorse reason (or if it turns out the item is fake or Significantly Not As Described when you receive item), so you "might" lose or win a Significantly Not As Described case if you try reopen case depending on what happens upon receipt. Its a "You bought it its yours" with the Chinese shops. They're not down with the changing of mind stuff, canceling order rigamarole. 😞

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jim_sch1
New Community Member
Now i am worried. I also paid for an item from mariemaker.com using a credit card via paypal on 11/23/2019 Received an order number but can not log in to track. The payment shows pending on my credit card. I sent email to address on the website but no reply yet. How can I find out if www.merimaker.com is a scam? What recourse do I have if it is. Thanks
Login to Me Too

darin63
New Community Member

I ordered an item and almost two months later the sent a hair tie worth maybe $.01 but it gave the seller a tracking number and that is all PayPal needed to deny my claim. I am out 80 bucks but paypal a the seller gets to share the spoils from the scam. I will never buy anything that even looks like it is coming from China.

Login to Me Too

angelobravo1
New Community Member

No invoice or proof of purchase when I ordered a guitar stand. Like an idiot, I thought the site was legit because of PayPal. Not!!! PayPal did refund me the money and went after them. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING WITH THIS WEBSITE!

Login to Me Too

Erikaberenice
Contributor
Contributor
So did I, I made a purchase with Marie maker and 65$ and it says pending but I checked my account that day and I feel like the money was taken out
Login to Me Too

grego65
Contributor
Contributor
Marie maker is definitely a fake site i ordered a sub woofer from that site and emailed them about 6 times with no response .i called up my credit card company up to take it off and they did in the amount of 68.00 and some change someone behind the seens is making money.they are no longer on any web sites. MARIE MAKER SCAM
Login to Me Too

Carrieann34
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a vinyl record player for my daughter for Christmas and when my package arrived it was placed in my mail box!?! I was like no way there’s no way it can fit in my mail box so I checked it and I found a tiny yellow envelope I opened it and it was a tiny key chain with what looked like something you would snort cocaine with! So I filed a dispute through PayPal and they are trying to Offer me a partial refund of only $8
Login to Me Too

Erikaberenice
Contributor
Contributor
Dang! I haven’t even gotten a reply back for my transaction!im so upset I thought this was suppose to be safer than and reliable.
Login to Me Too

LaurenT28
Contributor
Contributor

I too, fell for this website because they used Paypal.  I submitted a dispute through Paypal a few weeks ago because I never received a confirmation from website and wasn't able to find any history of it, and after I clicked "order" I had doubts it was legit.  Seller provided Paypal with a tracking number through China Post.  Paypal sided with seller since they were able to provide valid tracking.   When I received product yesterday with same tracking number it was a strange tiny measuring spoon.  I order an air fryer.   I think this may be the way they are getting around it with Paypal, they're actually sending something but not the correct product and definitely not the same value.  I am opening another dispute with Paypal regarding this and if that doesn't work I will be forced to go through my credit card.  Mariemaker.com is also no longer a valid website.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.