Scam? But there's a due outstanding payment!

danny_8102
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using the website from a somewhat period of time. I've started my membership at late November and signed up from their website with my current email by paying through PayPal. At November and December the automatic payment had went through until January it didn't go through (assume I've already cancelled their membership). Until July 14th I have this huge outstanding payment I need to owe to this person. I've checked through my PayPal automatic payment to see whats wrong and I've accidentally clicked 'inactive' hoping that it'll solve my problems. From minutes later then I've realized that I've messed up and now I cant pay this person. Now the strange part is that the person's 'Merchant details' doesn't show any details except for the website name (with no link) which puts me on the spot where I'm actually trapped of not paying this person at all. The person's website I've payed with automatic payment before doesn't have any contact information of how to contact with personal issues and how to pay this person back.  The website has a forum but you have to become a membership but luckily its free until 7 days. 

I've signed up again and went back to my PayPal automatic payment and this time its an completely different email....

Brings me to a point where I'm being tricked and being scammed. The person's email ends with gmail.com and with completely different names. 

Please help, this is urgent, thank you so much for your help guys!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi danny_8102, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member! 

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., email or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.