Ridiculous E-Check Service

donykzi
Contributor
Contributor

Once my issue is resolved I will discontinue the usage of Paypal because it has been 1.5 years of an absolute test of my patience.

Yet again, a transfer to my account balance has been held for long over a week. The sender's bank has cleared this transfer, nothing is being held from their end. I was told I will receive this on the 6th latest, then on the 6th it was conveniently switched to the 10th. Im scared to even talk to anyone about this further because it just seems they'll just keep adding weeks on weeks on top of this. I dont understand where the money is being held?? what's the hold. I would feel 10x better if I knew the reasons behind this hold, because either the sender's bank is lying or someone at paypal is. Paypal sadistically enjoys leaving it's customers in the dark about what's happening, if I wanted to use the slowest method of transfer possible I'd tie cash to a pigeon and set it out into the unknown. I can assure you I'd be able to trust it far more than I do paypal. 

these forums collect dust, more than half of the queries never receive a reply from someone that has had their issues resolved, or someone that can actually help you. It's truly ridiculous. Hopefully i can just receive my funds soon so I can be done and over with them for the rest of my life. 

You needn't reply to this unless you have a solution. If you want to dismiss my situation go do it somewhere else. thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@donykzi 

eCheques are super slow but you will be notified by PayPal once it has cleared so don’t ship anything until then. If the sender had a bank account and a card linked as back up, then PayPal would have sent it as “instant bank transfer” where PayPal fronts the money ahead out of pocket to you immediately and wait for sender’s bank account to clear. With eChecks, the payment has to clear first before you receive it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

donykzi
Contributor
Contributor
Im receiving a payment from my friend, no transaction was involved in the exchange other than the person owing me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.