Refunds!!!!!

NickRodriguez
New Community Member

hi i requested a refund during Covid-19 does any one know how long this will take its already been two weeks and my wife **bleep** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NickRodriguez 

Depends on the merchant / seller / website  you bought from, why not ask them when and if they will issue you with a refund?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Elloisa
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @NickRodriguez 

Thank you for reaching us through community center. I hope you are doing just fine.

If the receiver refunded your payment or the money you sent, it will be sent back to the payment method of your original payment. Money should be refunded in the currency you originally selected. If we're unable to refund you in the original currency, or your primary currency, you'll be refunded in US dollars (USD).

If you paid with your:

• Credit card (including PayPal Credit): your refund will go to your credit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the card was canceled or you paid with a prepaid card, contact the card issuer to access your refund. The money will still be sent to this card account.
  • Bank account: your refund will initially go back to the PayPal balance before being auto swept back to the original funding source (bank). It may take up to 5 business days for the refund amount to appear on your bank account. If a refund is issued shortly after you paid, we'll try to cancel the transaction so you're never charged. If we're unable to cancel the transaction, the refund will be processed and sent to your bank account.
  • PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance: your refund will go to your PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance on the same day the refund was processed.
  • PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance + credit card: your refund will go to both your PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus balance and credit card. The refund to the balance will happen the same day it's processed; the refund to the card may take up to 30 days. 
  • Debit card: your refund will go to your debit card. It may take up to 30 days for the refund amount to appear on your card statement. If the refund can't be applied to your debit card, it'll be sent to your PayPal account.  

However, you may need to get back with the receiver if the refund has not been initiated yet.

Hope that helps. Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.