Refunds

Maggs1
Contributor
Contributor

How long does it take for a refund to show in your PayPal account? I received a refund on Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday of last week. I'm not seeing the money in my account yet. Does it take several days?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

lottaled
Contributor
Contributor

the couple times i have gotten refunds was only couple days---

Login to Me Too

Maggs1
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I know banks are closed on Saturday and Sunday...

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

How your money is refunded depends on how you made the original payment.   Times can vary from a week plus up to 30 days depending on how you made the original payment. 

* If you paid with a credit card, the money is refunded to your card.
* If the card you paid with is closed or invalid, the money will still be refunded to your credit card account.
* If you paid with your bank or PayPal account balance, the money is refunded to your PayPal account. After you have received the refund, you can withdraw money from your PayPal balance to your bank account.
* If you paid using a credit card and your PayPal account balance, the amount paid by credit card is refunded to your card. The remaining amount is refunded to your PayPal account.
* If you paid using PayPal Credit, the amount is refunded to your PayPal Credit account.
* If you paid with a debit card, the amount is refunded to your debit card.  If the refund cannot be applied to your debit card, it will be applied to your PayPal balance.

Refunds to credit or debit cards can take up to 30 days depending on the card company involved.

Login to Me Too

Maggs1
Contributor
Contributor

I selected PayPal but my bank card and account are connected. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Maggs1

Click on the transaction in your paypal account and see if it was funded via your debit card or bank account.

If it was a card then >>>

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a debit card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your bank account but takes up to a week to process through to the bank (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lottaled
Contributor
Contributor

i paid with paypal through my bank ---was always same way,i only remember because i was shocked at how quick it was,maybe because it was not much money?

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Some banks are quicker at posting than others - but each refund transaction can be different.   It would be great if all the systems worked the same and the processes were the same, then times would all be the same - maybe someday !!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.