Refund

MK20202
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently reported a transaction and it was closed in my favor, whereby a refund was issued to me. The problem is I recently changed cads because the card I used to make the transaction expires at the end of this month. Hence my bank has issued me with a new card to the same bank account. I have linked this card, so my question is will my refund be issued to my bank even if the card is different or will there be an issue?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MK20202 

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.
Failing that it may return back to the sender or your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MK20202 

If the card ACCOUNT that both cards belong or belonged to is still open then it should go through fine.
However if its a completely new card / account then it may decline so ask your old card issuer if they can help you recover your refund.
Failing that it may return back to the sender or your balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MK20202
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.