Refund

V-San
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled a payment with a supplier that took a DD from my account even though I cancelled this in good time. They have agreed to refund my money, however the account status still shows Pending. When I contacted the supplier they have suggested that the refund has gone through their end and paypal is holding my money. There is no way I can contact pay pal to resolve this. Since it's been over 10 days the status shows refund as pending, do you know how long this would take or would it always so pending. I am just too paranoid 😞 😞

Also I paid part PayPal balance and part by my bank card via pay pal, my pay pal balance was instantly refunded by my bank has not bee credit, I wonder if there is a hold up period, I was told 5 days, but it's over 10 now 😞

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@V-San

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/i-want-a-refund.-how-do-refunds-work-faq3248

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

V-San
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much.

I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Also Phew! the link you sent makes sense. 

I don't mind waiting for 30 days, as long as I know that I haven't lost the money all together.

Have a nice day 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.