Refund

Keithblight
Contributor
Contributor

How long does it take for a refund to be added back to my debit card it says it has been refunded to my card but it still not showing in my bank account

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keithblight

Once marked as completed a refund will automatically go back to the card used as payment. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keithblight

Once marked as completed a refund will automatically go back to the card used as payment. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that depends a lot on what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Keithblight
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for getting back to me 😀
Login to Me Too

john_Balvin
Contributor
Contributor

So they take our money in a second and we need to wait up to 30 days straight? 

Login to Me Too

Keithblight
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly what I was thinking they take it straight out my account but I've got to wait 30 days to get my own money back
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Keithblight

@john_Balvin

Not true, when  you pay a seller its never instant, paypal CREDIT the seller upfront for you and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.

That is why we get confused buyers on here stating their item is on the way but the funds have not left their bank account yet or are pending on their card.

Paypal do this so that there is no delay on the despatch of any items.

HOWEVER they don't refund in advance so this time you have to take the wait BUT once its completed then paypal have already done their bit and passed the funds to the credit card company and those c.c. companies have different processing times.

As I said paypal say 'allow' 30 days but I bet you will see it in your card account within a few days and at the most a week, I have never waited longer than that.   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

john_Balvin
Contributor
Contributor

so the money from my bank account just disappear to take a break or what? 

what a useless refund system

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@john_Balvin

Sorry you didn't understand, I explained it in as easy a way as i could, most folks manage to grasp the concept.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.