Refund needed for item paid for by me but suspended so paid for in cash.

BobKellock
Contributor
Contributor

This refers to item ID 293210947499. I paid by PayPal but it was suspended because of some problem with the vendor's email address. I have now collected the goods and paid in cash so require the PayPal transaction to be cancelled. Can you help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BobKellock 

Suspended? Does the payment status say Pending? Or Unclaimed? If it can't be canceled under these two statuses, the money will either be refunded automatically after 30 days or the authorization will expire in 30 days if within the transaction details it says its a temporary authorization.

If the transaction is listed under "Completed" section of your activity page, you'll have to ask the recipient to issue a refund or file a dispute to request a refund.

Now to dispute would be tricky due to the circumstances of your transaction, namely when a pick up occurs. Have to file the right kind of claim to win. You can't file an Item Not Received claim, only a Not As Described claim but you may need to make a return in order to get a refund of the PayPal payment (and you ultimately paid cash so no refunds on that).

Of course, this all depends if the seller is keen on scamming you and how PayPal will make a ruling (according to standard policy or really seeing the circumstances of the case). You may have to appeal to get a human to review the case.

The lesson is to wait until PayPal payment issue is fixed first and then go and pick up and pay for the item.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.