Refund issues

jabavsp
New Community Member

Hello,

I have sent money to my friend from my bank account but she asked me to refund it and send to different account, I did so but I don't see money turning back.

Can anyone tell whether it's ordinary thing or should i expect anything else?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @jabavsp,

Based on what you've said, it sounds like the original payment may have been unclaimed, and you cancelled it. Is that correct? If so, and if you paid using a bank account, the original request for funds will still complete, as PayPal has no way to stop this request. What that means is, once the request processes, due to the transaction being cancelled, the payment will deposit into your PayPal balance. If you've already initiated another transaction to your friend, then it will pull from your bank twice, one for the cancelled payment and one for the new one. If you haven't sent the second payment yet, you can wait for the first one to process and deposit, then use your PayPal balance to pay your friend again. Hopefully this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.