Refund completed

MattSutton1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i wanted to buy a product and i payed for the product. however now the seller is not responding to any messages and have deleted their account (the standard) but on paypal is said the payment was still not accepted by the seller so i cancelled the payment and now it categorised as "refunded" however the money has not gone back into my bank account and its not in the pending section? Cheers for any help, Matt Refunds  Cancel  Cancel order 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattSutton1 

When you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattSutton1 

When you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will as the transaction was cancelled return them to your funding source (if you paid from your bank account or with a card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from that balance), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MattSutton1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass so all you’re saying I have to do is a wait a few days to a week and my money will be back in my account? Cheers!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MattSutton1 

Yep !

😁

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

EllieSpyropoulo
New Community Member

To whom it may concern,

Dear Sir/Madam

Unfortunately i would like to report that this is a fraudulent transaction. I, Miss Spyropoulou Evangelia, signed a fake tenancy agreement and the other person presented fake evidence as true and forced me to implement this transaction due to the fake tenancy agreement. I have already taken the necessary legal actions against the person and i could provide you all extra details and documents regarding my legal actions if necessary. I also have copies of all emails and messages exchanged with the person that support my claim. Please take all necessary actions so i get a full refund of my money. I suspect that the abovementioned person would try to receive immediately the amount from the account. I used the option "Friend" because the abovementioned person suggested so with the excuse of both of us having to pay a much lower commission for the transaction. As I mentioned above i have already contacted the Cyber Crime Police Unit of Greece and I could provide you all relevant documentation so you could take all relevant legal actions against that person.

Please inform me if I have to provide you any further information regarding this matter.

Kind regards,

Evangelia Spyropoulou

Login to Me Too

Markb03
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to buy some shoes but the seller didnt respond when i sent him the money, he said his account has been blocked and the money is still on his account but i cant get a refound:(I dont know what to do please help me
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.