Refund Issues - Paying on Depop Through a Guest PayPal Account

jenniferdunn
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased an item off Depop and was informed by the seller the day that I purchased it that they could not see my shipping information and that PayPal said it was "pending." I purchased the item using a guest PayPal account and therefore cannot see it on my actual PayPal account transaction history. The money however, is gone from my bank account and says it was given to the seller. I have asked for a refund but Depop says that since I paid through PayPal I need to claim a dispute through PayPal. I can't do this though because I paid using the guest account and never received any sort of confirmation email. The seller is not being very responsive and I really don't know how else to get my money back.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @jenniferdunn

Welcome to the PayPal Community. 

Reviewing your post, I understand you are experiencing some issues with a recent guest purchase. I know this can be frustrating. Although this was done as a guest through PayPal, we may be able to assist you through our dispute process. For a dispute to be filed, please ensure you have an active PayPal account. You will also want the card and email address used during the guest purchase to be listed on file. After this has been completed, please contact us so a dispute may be opened on your behalf.  You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message

I hope this helps point you towards a resolution. 

Thank you, 

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.