Receiving money - funds available ?

emiliiiiiiia
Contributor
Contributor

I am supposed to be receiving money (over 1000USD) from US (to Europe) and for the sender it said funds available May 22nd 2021, however, I as the receiver, have not received any kind of notification nor email. I haven't received money outside Europe ever, so is this how Paypal works? I don't know if it's normal.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emiliiiiiiia 

Have you added USD as a receiving currency in your paypal wallet.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

emiliiiiiiia
Contributor
Contributor
Hey, Yes I do have USD in my wallet as well (main one is Euro)
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@emiliiiiiiia 

ok then...

firstly check the email address that the sender used to send the funds and make sure there were no spelling errors.

have you confirmed your email address and have you received funds before?

are you sure this is not a scam and you are receiving fake scam paypal emails?

do you have any limitations?

have you raised your receiving limits by verifying your paypal account by adding and confirming a bank account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

emiliiiiiiia
Contributor
Contributor
I haven't received a notification of a transfer or anything so I don't see the sender's email or anything. I have confirmed my email and stuff, I have received small amounts before (inside EU) and I have shopped from US before. I don't know if I have limitations, I can't find anything where I can check or change my limitations, I don't have it on the resolution page, which is adviced. And I have talked to the person, who have tried to send the amount many times, when the person was paying it said "funds available may 22nd 2021" for them. They sent it and got the green checkmark when you send money, however I have npt received a notification or anything. I have 2 bank accounts and cards added, which I've used to pay and transfer money from balance to my bank acc.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.