Query about transaction from Linda <removed>.

shaunphilpott98
New Community Member

Dear PayPal, Hi my name is Shaun <Removed>. Just to let you know that I have still not received the payment from last Tuesday that I have received from Linda <Removed>. It has been at least 9 days since Linda <Removed> made the payment which is being held by PayPal. I do hope for the transaction to be completed by tomorrow and I want the money put into my PayPal account. If the money is not received by tomorrow I will both contact ye through email and PayPal community. I am still waiting patiently for the transaction to come through. Thank you. Kind Regards, Shaun <Removed>.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shaunphilpott98 

The funds would always SHOW in your paypal account balance but pending, so please confirm that you have not been scammed and that they are showing?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Danonino91
New Community Member

I currently have someone with this name looking to buy an item from me. Says she is gonna send payment soon. Red flag ?

Login to Me Too

Katetyler
New Community Member

I am the same, have you been sent money from her?

Login to Me Too

murdoch1975
Contributor
Contributor

I almost sent the a camera to this "person" can you tell me what address she used?

Login to Me Too

Cian844
Contributor
Contributor

Did you get the money? She is trying to buy something of me. Is it safe ?

Login to Me Too

murdoch1975
Contributor
Contributor

Not safe , avoid this **bleep**, almost lost a camera to whoever it is, send no items to this **bleep**

Login to Me Too

Lilxxx
New Community Member

I have just had someone with the same name trying to buy a product off me, it all seemed a bit odd while talking to her. I received a email with the email address of payment link and not a PayPal address which seemed a bit odd to me also.

Login to Me Too

murdoch1975
Contributor
Contributor

Avoid at all costs , scammer of the highest level, almost lost my camera to he or she or whatever gobshite runs these scams ,send nothing

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@murdoch1975 

@Cian844 

@Lilxxx 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a direct Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails may go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.