Pending payment to friend

Kypnnn90
Contributor
Contributor

I had a negative balance I needed to pay. I sent a friend some money through my bank account and it took the negative amount and the money I sent out of my bank. It cleared but still pending since the 23rd. Also even though it pulled the amount out for the negative amount owed. It never actually paid the balance off and is pending. I called my bank. Ect. I even resent him money and it was instant. Any help is appreciated Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kypnnn90 

Because the bank payment for the negative balance and payment to your friend has not cleared PayPal yet, even if the funds have left your bank account. Bank payments are super slow, it has to go through clearing houses and bank interchanges particularly on PayPal's end, I'm sure they work with multiple banks and it has to find it way to the right bank that handles your balance. Give it 5-7 days to clear.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kypnnn90 

Because the bank payment for the negative balance and payment to your friend has not cleared PayPal yet, even if the funds have left your bank account. Bank payments are super slow, it has to go through clearing houses and bank interchanges particularly on PayPal's end, I'm sure they work with multiple banks and it has to find it way to the right bank that handles your balance. Give it 5-7 days to clear.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.