Pending Payment: When Can I Expect My Back-Up Payment Method to Take Affect?

AlsetPays
New Community Member

Last week, I ordered a very expensive Christmas gift. My primary mode of payment was set up to my bank account. Because I had trouble with the bank account and had to shut it down to open a new one last month, and because I wasn't sure whether or not I made the changes to my PayPal, I set up my current Debit Card as a back up payment just in case. Sure enough, my primary mode of payment was the closed bank account. I've tried to open a case to understand what exactly is going on, as the website I purchased the gift from shows that the order was confirmed but not much of anything else. However, I can not seem to do so. I also tried to find some PayPal contact information, but I couldn't really find a sector that could properly deal with my situation. I also really don't want to order another gift in case I get it twice (and charged for it twice), and I don't want to cancel the order until I know that's what I should be doing or not. So, with all that in mind: will my backup payment plan come into affect? If so, when? AND: Will I be able to cancel the order if the backup payment doesn't take affect in time?

If anyone can help me out as soon as possible, I'd really appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.