Payment reversed

darlenexxi
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. Yesterday, I tried to send my friend money through PayPal. It went okay at first, showing that the payment had gone through just fine. However, later, PayPal told me in an email that “A review of the transaction below raised a suspicion that it may have not been authorized. As a result, we've reversed this transaction.” I don’t know why it said the payment might have not been authorized, though I was the one making the payment as the account holder. May I ask, why did this happen and how could I solve it to make the payment go through? Thank you so much.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @darlenexxi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

To provide one of the safest online payment methods, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction to keep you safe and, occasionally, we must reverse a transaction to ensure the safety of the platform. I would not be able to tell you exactly what caused the amount to be reversed, but this may happen if, for example, you used a funding source you never used before, a device that you never used before or if the amount is higher than usual. We would not be able to override these security measures, unfortunately. 

I hope this helps!

Martina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @darlenexxi,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

To provide one of the safest online payment methods, our security program considers a variety of factors at each transaction to keep you safe and, occasionally, we must reverse a transaction to ensure the safety of the platform. I would not be able to tell you exactly what caused the amount to be reversed, but this may happen if, for example, you used a funding source you never used before, a device that you never used before or if the amount is higher than usual. We would not be able to override these security measures, unfortunately. 

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

AmyMarie82
Contributor
Contributor
What a non- answer! This is MY money and I demand to know why you reversed a legitimate payment for a merchant I have bought from before! You work for US, not the other way around! Sounds like I need to contact my attorney.
Login to Me Too

Vadym2
Contributor
Contributor

It didn't help. How to solve this situation?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.