Payment not going through

dadv127
New Community Member

So I'm trying to purchase something from Etsy as a gift but every time I try to use PayPal I keep getting sent to a page that says "We couldn't complete your payment for you. To get your payments working again, check your account or contact us". I've seen other people that have this problem and the solution is always to clear out old information and update everything but nothing is out of date. I purchased something just two days ago and I really need to get this today. Can anyone help?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@dadv127 

I can feel the need of you making this transaction right away. You could be receiving the error message because of the ff :

If you see an error message when trying to send a payment, it could be because:

• You may need to confirm the email address associated with your PayPal account.
  • There may be an issue with the funding source you’ve selected (insufficient balance or declined transaction). Contact your bank or card provider for more information.
  • You have a limitation placed in your PayPal account.
  • The seller’s/recipient’s PayPal account is limited.
  • You may need to go through a security check, so we can confirm your identity.

If the payment with your bank account doesn’t go through, or you’re still having problems with your card, try:

• Changing your payment method at checkout. If you only have one payment method linked to your PayPal account, you’ll need to add another payment method before you can do this. You can add a debit or credit card or add your bank account. Both options are quick and easy and will give you more flexibility at checkout. 
  • Confirming your recipient’s email address or phone number is entered correctly. Make sure the recipient has finished registering for their PayPal account by confirming their information. A payment will fail if they haven’t completed this process.

https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/my-payment-was-declined.-why-can%E2%80%99t-i-make-or-sen...

Hope this helps. Please Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.