PayPal funding

Mrshaggy
Contributor
Contributor

I have received a direct debit charge of nearly 200 pounds but I have no knowledge of this. My account doesn't show it (I have 2 others for similar amounts but I know what these are for) the other strange thing is that it says "PayPal funding" rather than "PayPal payment" as all other transactions have done... I have contacted my bank and started an investigation but I thought I should start my own

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mrshaggy

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mrshaggy

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.

However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Mrshaggy
Contributor
Contributor
This doesn't seem to be the case as I do online transactions via PayPal and on my phone or xbox therefore I'm always logged in and as well I haven't made a payment for anything that was X amount of money Do you have a contact number for PayPal customer services?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mrshaggy

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR press '0' OR just say the word 'Agent' repeatedly.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.