Money disappeared after a refund

Qaiss_GT123
Contributor
Contributor

So about two days ago I sent a friend some money because he was short on cash. Yesterday, he refunded it back because he didn't need it anymore. The transaction processed and I can see the refund in my summary, but the money is neither in my PayPal balance or the prepaid card I used to pay. I have no clue where the money went, and it's deeply frustrating as I need the money as soon as possible.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Qaiss_GT123

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card but takes up to about a week to process through (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Qaiss_GT123

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card but takes up to about a week to process through (Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, the last one taking 4 days).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Qaiss_GT123
Contributor
Contributor

I'll be sure to update you if that is the case, kind of annoying how I have to wait a few days for it to process.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Qaiss_GT123

Don't bother updating me, I have nothing to do with paypal and can only give you the facts as to how it works.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.