Missing Pending Payment

texasinkorporat
Contributor
Contributor
I've had a pending payment since October 11th. I got notified it was an echeque, and when it was ran, it bounced, but that it would be tried again in 3 days. There's been absolutely NO evidence it was ran again, but after talking to the message assistants for near two weeks now, I was intructed its not on Paypal's end, but my friend's bank. Well, they cleared it with their bank the 16th oe 17th, and they've been charged the full amount of $500, and I still have a pending payment with absolutely NO effort made on the part of Paypal to look into why, if they've been charged, I haven't been paid. I am SO BEYOND sick and tired of the messaging sytem, as they have been no help whatsoever, and I'm a tattoo artist in the times of COVID during an already very slow holiday season. I needed this money over a week ago, and I need some means of getting in contact with PayPal's voice assistance over the phone, or some other means of getting this payment to be ran again. Frankly, the lack of effort put into actually looking into and/or remedying the situation by PayPal is repulsive, and if they hadnt already been charged, we'd simply cancel the transaction and try another money transfer platform--but given they have been charged, they no longer have access to those funds that they intended for me, so the risk of canceling and losing said money seems to be an unnecessary one to take. Can anyone get me a means of contacting paypal directly over the phone? Or have any other ideas/advice? At this point, although its only $500, the amount of time and effort and hardship experienced by its significant delay has put me on the verge of litigation. So if anyone from PayPal does see this, please note your severe lack of accessibility and customer support--especially during these trying times of COVID and economic instability--is under scrutiny for a potential lawsuit. Cheers, Carter
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@texasinkorporat 

If its an echeque then paypal can't do anything about it until it clears through to them.

How long it takes is dependent on the senders banks processing times.

Takes approximately several working days to transfer as Paypal use the slowest (cheapest) transfer option however the funds normally leave the senders bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

texasinkorporat
Contributor
Contributor
So if the sender has already been charged, and the funds have left their account, where along the process of transferring via echeque are we? Edit: also, thank you for the response. I appreciate you taking the time.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@texasinkorporat 

As paypal uses the cheapest slowest option then it has to go via ACH in batches before clearing through to paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

texasinkorporat
Contributor
Contributor
Okay, but if they cleared it on the 16th or 17th, thats well past the 3-5 business days it should take. So whats the deal?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@texasinkorporat 

Its 6 business days today so hopefully should clear soon.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.