I can't pay using paypal on ebay

Aitch890
For the last few years I have been using eBay with no problem paying, now when I go to quick pay using paypal it says log into paypal we can't process your payment! Nothing is showing up when I'm online yo say why it won't work! Help! I need to pay for shoes!
Login to Me Too
65 REPLIES 65

echo575

Hi,

I had the same problem, couldn't make any payments with paypal, tried many things. The one thing that worked for me is I deleted my PayPal account and greated a new one, used the same settings mostly (email, phone etc.), and after that, all is good.

Hope that helps!

Login to Me Too

outdoorbloke
New Community Member

This problem is driving me utterly insane! Moved from the UK to the US. Used my paypal account with no problems whatsoever. Then Paypal decided I couldn't use it so upshot, I opened a new US based paypal account.

I'm verified, bank and cards verified, all address updated, linked with ebay and 10 calls to paypal and nothing works!!!!!

Cannot buy anything either on ebay or the net. Ebay error code 70360 and cannot use paypal for anything. Ebay canada doesn't work either.

Paypal. why the **bleep** can't you sort this problem out? It is clearly frustrating to a lot of people. My bank know I use paypal, ebay said it is a paypal problem and it has clearly been going on for years. Please try and sort it out!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

MsGadjetty

I use PayPal all the time from my desktop, but tonight I was trying to buy something from eBay using my mobile phone. It didn't work and a message advised me to complete the PayPal purchase from my desktop computer. I was out at the time and couldn't make the payment. When I got home, the item was gone. 😞

I hadn't installed the PayPal app on my mobile, so I did that before I gave up trying, but the end result was the same: same message and that I would have to use my desktop computer.

The only reason I can think of is that I have dual identification set up for PayPal? Meaning PayPal has to send me a text before I can log into my PayPal account.

Could that be the reason or what is wrong with eBay/PayPal?Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi guys. 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulties when trying to make payments through your PayPal account recently. 

If you are both still experiencing difficulties, would it be possible for you to reach out to us either directly by phone on 0800 358 7911 or alternatively, you can try contacting us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

vzel
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I also can not pay with Paypal on Ebay. I tried to pay for the purchase of the day before yesterday. However, due to the established limit on my credit card I was not able to make a payment in several times. Once in my bank assured me that the problem is solved (increased payment limit), I tried again. But the error message: "We can not process your payment, please select another payment method or check payment information, including billing address.".

Yesterday I put the proper amount on another card connected to my account after removing the limits with this card. But I can not pay. System - Ebay - makes it impossible to select a card, telling that I can not pay through PayPal: "Unfortunately, you can not pay with this option Please select a different payment option.."

PayPal does not display any error regarding the connected card.

The card issuer does not receive a request for payment.

To avoid technical problems on my side, I use the browser on the laptop and the smartphone, as well as a mobile application, repeatedly clear the cache of my browser. There are no results.

I wrote a letter to support PayPal, as well as contact you via Facebook, but the answer is not received.

Sincerely, Vadim

FireShot Capture 2 - Checkout - https___pay.ebay.com_xo_action=view&sessionid=572878345013.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jamie

Hi guys,

If you’re having issues making payments on eBay using your PayPal account, there are a couple of things you can try:

• You can try logging out of PayPal and clearing the cache and cookies on your internet browser before trying again.
  • Try using a different browser to make the payment.
  • If this doesn’t work, you can ask the seller to send you an invoice for the payment.

There are a number of different reasons this may happen. Sometimes it’s got to do with PayPal’s security system which could be down to the connection you are using or where your logging in from.

If none of the above instructions work, it’s probably best that you contact us directly. We’ll be able to review your account and find out exactly why you’re unable to make a payment. This will make it easier for us to help you overcome the issue.

You can find a local number by following this link: https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/contact/call Or, you could use our international number. That's 1(402)935-2080 (fees may apply).

I hope this information helps.

Jamie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.