How to make partial refund (without tax payment for international shipping)

Resko
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I have complicated situation with one payment.

I sold new bike to seller in USA. Bike was shipped from Ukraine to USA. Long way... 3 weeks... expensive shipping... but when buyer receive the box he wrote that not interest in it - he want to return it. 😞 He agree to pay for shipping. And off course he will ask about refund. But before I will receive the box I supposed to pay tax for internetational package for me. It is our ukrainian law. I'm sure custom officers will look inside the box and will see new bike - they will send me invoice for tax payment. It will be something near 25% of price new bike. I can pay it, no problem. But how I can make partial refund to buyer without this amount? I don't want to pay it from my wallet.
I send message to buyer about this payment - he said OK. It is very strange... but... what can I do?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Resko 

Thank you for posting. 

You should be able to do a partial refund by manually entering the amount. I recommend that you wait until the parcel is successfully sent back so you can determine the amount to be refunded.

For reference, please see How do I issue a full or partial refund? 

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.