How do i get a payment that was sent to my (not activated )paypal?

tomaserry
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there;

I did some work online then they had to pay me through Paypal but at the time I didn't know that I have to link a credit card to Paypal in order to receive the payment, nonetheless, they sent the payment to my (not activated) Paypal account, and they sent me an invoice with the payment through my email.

the question here, where did the money go, Is there any way to get that payment?

I tried to link my nephew's debit card but turns out that the info on my account and card must match(i didn't know that), so it didn't work but the card is still there, linked to my account although not activated.

help, please

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tomaserry 

Sorry but are you sure this is not a scam?

Only you said that your buyer sent an invoice??????

Buyers can't send invoices they can only pay ones you send them.

So if they sent you an invoice altered to make is look as if they have paid then its a scam.

They usually put on stuff like 'can't be charged back' or 'won't show in your paypal balance for a while' 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tomaserry
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I apologize, sir, I think I used the wrong word to describe the evidence of payment the support sent me, It looks like a receipt, I don't know the English word for it,

It stated the time/date of payment, recipient mail,payment-total

I don't think it's a scam, cause the next week I changed the recipient mail on the website to an activated Paypal account, and I got last week's payment.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.