How can I delete transactions from the transaction history archive?

habz01
Contributor
Contributor

I need to completely delete the transaction history before I hand over my account to the new owners of the business.

How do I do that?  Moving the transactions to archive isn't good enough.  I need the history (or at least specific transactions) completely deleted.  How?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@habz01 

Not possible.

Tell em’ to open a new PayPal account and close yours or keep the account for yourself and switch out all traces of the business info including the primary email address to something else so the new owners can use the removed info to open a new PayPal account with.

It’s for the best that they open a new account anyway. They can put in a new account owner easily so later you won’t have to be responsible for verifying the account since you're gonna be  out of the picture.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

habz01
Contributor
Contributor

That is not feasible.  We have a lot of e-commerce integration with call backs.  That would require a large amount of recoding and it would require customers to cancel and resubscribe to get connected to the different paypal account.  I would expect it is something paypal could do if I could ever actually reach them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.