Help claiming money a friend sent to the wrong e-mail address?

GruffyB
Contributor
Contributor

Here's my issue:

For my birthday, a friend of mine had sent me money through Paypal. However, he had sent it to the wrong e-mail address—the one I don't use for Paypal. Regardless, Paypal sent me an e-mail saying that he sent me money, telling me to click the "Claim Your Money" button below. Alright, so I click the button.

It brings me to a web page telling me to either login or sign up. Since I do have a Paypal, I log into it to claim the money.

The issue is: nothing happens.

There's no further prompts to claim the money. Logging in did just that: log me in. And nothing else. Maybe I'm missing something crucial, but how does one claim money sent via e-mail? I seem to just be stuck in a log-in loop no matter what.

If it counts, I tried claiming it using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Nothing worked.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GruffyB

'Add' the email address that you don't use for paypal TO your paypal account and the funds should show up.

Make sure you verify the email address.

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the x1 paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@GruffyB

'Add' the email address that you don't use for paypal TO your paypal account and the funds should show up.

Make sure you verify the email address.

You can have up to 8 email addresses on the x1 paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

GruffyB
Contributor
Contributor

Perfect! This actually did it! Didn't think the solution would be to add another e-mail... Thank you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.