Hello, can someoene please advise on an issue regarding cancellation

Fatzers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I tried ordering some books on a website, and for some reason their system did not register the Paypal payment, but Paypal did, so now there is a transaction pending on Paypal, while the website stated this: "Your order number (64629243) is a failed PayPal order. Hence, we will not be collecting the funds. "

So this may not be a problem at all, since I presume that after some time Paypal will consider it "unclaimed", but can I remove the listing for the "pending" payment from my account right now?

Thanks,

Darko

"You cannot add more than 100 images in this community."
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Fatzers, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

When you place an order, money isn’t taken from your account immediately. Most merchants will complete your payment a few days after receiving your order. Often, merchants wait until they are ready to send your order to complete your payment.

If you purchase an intangible item, a merchant might wait until after you’ve used the service to complete the payment. An intangible item could be a service, a rental, or a hotel room.

The transaction status is ‘Pending’ until the merchant completes your order. Usually, the merchant has 29 days to complete your order. If the merchant doesn’t complete your order in 29 days, then your order is cancelled on the 30th day and the transaction status changes to ‘Void.’

- Siobhan 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Fatzers, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

When you place an order, money isn’t taken from your account immediately. Most merchants will complete your payment a few days after receiving your order. Often, merchants wait until they are ready to send your order to complete your payment.

If you purchase an intangible item, a merchant might wait until after you’ve used the service to complete the payment. An intangible item could be a service, a rental, or a hotel room.

The transaction status is ‘Pending’ until the merchant completes your order. Usually, the merchant has 29 days to complete your order. If the merchant doesn’t complete your order in 29 days, then your order is cancelled on the 30th day and the transaction status changes to ‘Void.’

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.