HOW TO USE COURTESY PAYPAL CREDIT

aostrovs
Contributor
Contributor

I GOT COURTESY PAYPAL CREDIT, BUT CAN'T FIND A WAY TO USE IT. DID NUMBER OF PURCHASES WITH PAYPAL(INC.EBAY) BUT ITS NEVER SHOWED ME AN OPTION TO REDEEM THE CREDIT

Login to Me Too
35 REPLIES 35

Lindsay81
Contributor
Contributor
Walmart.com
Login to Me Too

Jappychan
Doesn't work on walmart.com!!!
Login to Me Too

Same here.. I do believe the glitch is using it all at once.. Choosing PayPal at checkout, making sure the box under wallet is checked and leaving the PayPal site open when you checkout. Walmart.com it did work for but only once and I have a balance that never works anywhere since.
Login to Me Too

PhilLeOC
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem of not being able to redeem my courtesy credit. I have contacted with PayPal by chatting with them, calling them and uploaded the snapshots of the screen without having the "Use Offer" button to click on. The PayPal agents told me that when I checked out at the end of my purchase process, I should choose PayPal and login to Paypal and redeem PayPal Courtesy credits. However, I have tried 3 different websites: Vista Print, Ebay, Wish and when I chose PayPal as Payment method. There were only 2 options of paying by my credit card or by bank account linked to PayPal. There was no option for me to redeem PayPal Courtesy credits as PayPal agents said. 
I personally think there must be a reason behind this problem: Either the technical problem when linking 2 websites (but if so, why could I still pay by PayPal using either Credit card or bank account linked to PayPal account ?) or PayPal's intention to leave such problem unfixed for purpose. 
There is no way that PayPal did not know our complaints here. They do know but they did not want to fix it. PayPal betrays its customer's loyalty.

Login to Me Too

CPCPCP
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem here too!

It's so annoying when trying to buy anything online that accept Paypal as a payment but cant get to use Paypal "courtesy voucher" at all.

There is no option to choose "courtesy voucher" in my wallet and also there is no "courtesy voucher" in my Paypal account under "Wallet"

Now I am trying to reach Paypal support but always get the same answer that I need to choose Paypal payment and login and choose "courtesy voucher" which I cant find at all!!!

Login to Me Too

CeeKayGee
Hi, I read your thread, and was ready for a heated call to PayPal regarding this, but thought I'd give it one more try...which worked! So in the wallet tab, make sure the box is checked, stating to use the credit whenever next valid. Then I browsed through the deals and offers tab until I found something that I could use. In this instance, it was on Walmart. Click through to the store, and shopped as usual. When it came to checkout, I selected "other" for my payment method, and was able to sign into PayPal. On the payment page, it had a box that said it automatically applied $30 credit, and I just had to choose how to pay for the remainder. It went through smoothly, and worked! Hope this helps you guys
Login to Me Too

516Bob
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently, if you can't find a way to use a "courtesy credit" from "deals and offers", it can't be used. Wonderful. Another throwaway coupon.

Login to Me Too

Lindsay81
Contributor
Contributor
Is there a list of participants, vendors , stores anything or any place that a courtesy credit can be used at? This utter and complete bs..
Login to Me Too

516Bob
Contributor
Contributor

No list, and PayPal refuses to come clean about the scam they are perpetuating.

Login to Me Too

phill111
Contributor
Contributor

Personally, if the staff don't know about this "Courtesy offer", it's a scam!

Plain and simple!

How does this company expect customers to know how to use this rip-off joke if the pp staff don't have a clue?

I smell a rat or is it something fishy???

Your choice... HEY paypal, customers being played isn't fun!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.