Error Message "We're Sorry. Things don't appear to be working at the moment."

ngjiale
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, 

I am running my online store with WooCommerce on Wordpress.

I've had no issues receiving payment with PayPal until today, when I was alerted by a return customer that she was not able to complete payment using her Credit Card. She was able to successfully make payment using her Credit Card before today. I am not sure what exactly happened because I did not make any changes to my website.

I tried to test the issue out myself by making payment with my personal Paypal account and it worked. However, when I tried to pay with my Debit Card, it shows the error message: "We're Sorry. Things don't appear to be working at the moment."

Can someone please help me to identity the problem so that I can start receiving payments again?

Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

fennypeiffer
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having this issue. I sent an invoice to my client and he's also paying with a credit card. We never had this issue in the past. 

Login to Me Too

ngjiale
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @fennypeiffer, did you only experience this issue today?

It looks like another user @hijohn just started to encounter this issue as well.

Login to Me Too

fennypeiffer
Contributor
Contributor

@hijohn   yes, just this morning. According to my client, he also tried to pay another person's invoice and got the same error. 

I am guessing it's an issue with card payments coz I received a payment from my other client earlier today, but they paid by logging into their PayPal account. 

Login to Me Too

tlperkins9967
New Community Member

I have had several customers contact me this morning having issues.  Using the same credit card etc.. What is going on???

Login to Me Too

GeekFairy
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else resolved this?  Currently been waiting 25 minutes for my call to be answered by paypal and losing the plot.

Same as everyone else card payments won't work on our woocommerce site but paypal payments will.

Login to Me Too

ngjiale
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @GeekFairy @tlperkins9967 @fennypeiffer,

It looks like PayPal is now aware of this issue and have updated it on their status page:

https://www.paypal-status.com/product/production

Hopefully it gets resolved soon!

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 12.19.58 AM.png

Login to Me Too

GeekFairy
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @ngjiale !!

I knew from all logic it was there end...but after a call and checking everywhere there was nothing.  So very glad to see they've confirmed it.  We have just ended up having to add stripe to the site so people can shop.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.