Ebay Payments abroad

MikeTango3
Contributor
Contributor
I live in the UK but am currently on holiday in Portugal. I've tried to buy something on ebay and pay with PayPal as I normally do but this time it says there is an issue with my PayPal account but I've checked and as far as I can see there isn't. It has been used within the last week without problem. I also can't pay the vendor by credit card either. Is this a location issue
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Drew

Hi @MikeTango3

It definitely sounds like this could be a location issue. If you sign in to your PayPal account and look at the notification bell, do you see a notification? If not, it's most likely our security system stopping the transaction. If it's just the location and everything else is consistent, it will sometimes ask you to verify additional information to process the payment. If our system considers the transaction too risky, we won't provide additional options and ask that you wait until you return home to make the payment. 

I hope this helps explain what is happening! 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

MikeTango3
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Drew. Tried again the next morning and it went through. Bizzare
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Drew

HI @MikeTango3

Glad to hear that the payment has gone through! Thanks for reaching out to the community for advice. Have a great night! 

Thanks, 

Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.