EBay purchase

Baggieboy70
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

new here.

i have recently had a bid accepted on an item on eBay, I then received a message from the vendor stating the email address connected to the EBay/PayPal was an old one and to use the one they provided in the message.

this has made me suspicious, if I complete this transaction through PayPal only am I protected?

thanks in advance

simon

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Baggieboy70

Send payment as goods and services is the only way you'll have some protection for item not received but they can scam by sending a empty envelope to some address near you and tracking says delivered. Remember that Purchase protection is not 100% guaranteed for either party depending on the circumstances. What is their feedback like? Weird the seller can't simply enter a correct PayPal email address when they listed the item. TBH, I wouldn't even go through with it because I don't want to hassle with a dispute, etc. I am surprised that eBay didn't block the message because it seems like they are trying to avoid fees or something. But it's up to you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Baggieboy70

Send payment as goods and services is the only way you'll have some protection for item not received but they can scam by sending a empty envelope to some address near you and tracking says delivered. Remember that Purchase protection is not 100% guaranteed for either party depending on the circumstances. What is their feedback like? Weird the seller can't simply enter a correct PayPal email address when they listed the item. TBH, I wouldn't even go through with it because I don't want to hassle with a dispute, etc. I am surprised that eBay didn't block the message because it seems like they are trying to avoid fees or something. But it's up to you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.