Does Paypal auto refund after 10 days

Tracypoppet
Contributor
Contributor

I have an open case in the resolution centre (I am a business seller) where a supplier hasn't sent the glass I ordered and paid for. 11 days ago I opened a dispute but have not had a response from the supplier.  Reading through information I have found that if the seller doesn't respond at all within 10 days Paypal automatically refund, is this correct? 

It's too late to ring for advice and I don't want to have to escalate to a claim if I don't have to.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tracypoppet

The dispute stage is for you to sort things with the seller, you MUST escalate before 20 days post opening the dispute.

If the seller does not respond then you need to escalate it to a claim for Paypal to become involved.

Paypal then give the seller 10 days to respond with a tracking number to prove delivery of the item to you or they will review / refund within 48 hours of that deadline.

Having said that................

There seems to be a delay on reviewing claims at the moment probably due to Paypal being bogged down in claims due to the zg technology debacle.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tracypoppet

The dispute stage is for you to sort things with the seller, you MUST escalate before 20 days post opening the dispute.

If the seller does not respond then you need to escalate it to a claim for Paypal to become involved.

Paypal then give the seller 10 days to respond with a tracking number to prove delivery of the item to you or they will review / refund within 48 hours of that deadline.

Having said that................

There seems to be a delay on reviewing claims at the moment probably due to Paypal being bogged down in claims due to the zg technology debacle.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.