Direct deposit and unemployment

Austinnoah1
New Community Member

Hello,

I had my unemployment sent to my paypal and the first deposit was today the 10th of April...

however nothing has shown on my account, despite the unemployment website saying the payment has been sent.

What’s going on?

Login to Me Too
61 REPLIES 61

worcnonad
"Snell Mail". if you are consistent they should come back to back once you get the first check. -jdr
Login to Me Too

XONATO
Contributor
Contributor

I have been at a loss of close to $1000.00 since June. PAYPAL IS A RIP OFF ! Their customer service are bunch of mindless idiots that are all from another part of this planet! Go and check the Bank location they are claiming to be where your money goes.... That branch at that address is closed forever!

If we can manage to get enough people with the same problem, we can file a class-action law suit. The right Law Firm can freeze any Business Account, no matter how big they are. I have wasted so much time and been so aggravated  , that I need  10x the amount they are withholding illegally. That's $100,000.00!

Login to Me Too

Jdb2358
Contributor
Contributor
I finally got a message back from PayPal and they have told me it takes 5-7 business days for the sender to clear sending it...but the sender already confirmed it was sent so...
Login to Me Too

Jdb2358
Contributor
Contributor
I should have gotten my money on Tuesday...it’s now Thursday and I was told (finally responded) on the paypal message center it would take 5-7 business day for my unemployment to be sent through. It doesn’t make sense to me but I hope it will get here one day.
Login to Me Too

foreverkeshiaaa
Contributor
Contributor

@Jdb2358 DID YOU EVER GET IT LOVE ?

Login to Me Too

Reepink
Please be aware all unemployment paydayes will read 1/2 possibly 3 before it actually relseases. If it says paid 18th you will receive 20th/21th don’t panic until day 4. Possibly day 5. It takes 1/2 days to process.
Login to Me Too

OwenGreen
Contributor
Contributor
I am on Washington state's PUA program and saw that my weekly claim was paid early Friday morning. I wasn't sure what to expect, as this was my first time using PayPal to receive my unemployment. Usually my weekly claim would be paid by 5am on Wednesday morning and be deposited into my account at bank of america by 11:30pm.. but since Friday was new years day, I had no idea when the funds would post to PayPal. I figured Monday at the latest. When nothing came by Monday afternoon, I called PayPal to see if I could get some answers. I was told to expect my money by 5pm. 5pm came and went.. still nothing.. I called PayPal again. The lady said usually it takes 5-7 days, but then said it should have posted by now, directly contradicting herself.. she told me she would trace the payment and I would be getting an email soon. The payment finally posted at 5am on Tuesday morning... Most people are asking if anyone else got paid, but I haven't seen many clear answers to that question. Hopefully this post will help some of you out. Good luck.
Login to Me Too

Dpyo85
Contributor
Contributor
So you didn’t have to get a paper check for your first payment?
Login to Me Too

Kaneking1978
Contributor
Contributor
I had an unemployment deposit on 01/21/2021 nothing is in my account when should I receive my payment
Login to Me Too

OwenGreen
Contributor
Contributor
If it was sent to your account on the 21st, I would think it should have posted to your account yesterday by 5pm est. If it's not there by tomorrow, I would call PayPal and ask them to trace the payment.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.