Client states payment for invoice has been made but no payment shows in my account

Botunkus
Contributor
Contributor

Client states payment for invoice has been made but no payment shows in my account. Is there anyway I can find out if an attempt was made to pay it?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Botunkus 

What is the status of the invoice? Is it marked Paid?

Keep in mind that seller sending invoices, not buyers so if you in fact received an invoice marked paid, that is a red flag for a scam. Same with money requests, their status must also be marked paid to know if the sender paid the invoice.

On occasions, PayPal may hold a payment under review before sending it on to the recipient's account which might explain a payment not showing up right away.

Nevertheless, do not ship/deliver physical or digital items/service until payment shows in your account. You may contact customer service to see if a payment is incoming but not reflected on your account yet. If the sender provided a transaction ID number, you may give that to customer service to look up for you:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.