Class action anyone?

lwelt
Contributor
Contributor
I'm so sick of constant problems with PayPal. Now I've sent a payment through friends and family. They say it can be delayed up to six days. There was no warning about this and it has not happened before. I'd have never sent this if I'd been warned of the delay. This is just one of a long string of new problems with PayPal. Now they sit on my money for six days - and no access to customer service. Please contact me if you are interested in pursuing a class action lawsuit around this. Meanwhile you can report PayPal to both state and federal licensing authorities. You can find your state licensing authority here: https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/licenses#:~:text=PayPal%20is%20Licensed%20as%20a,State%20Depar.... Also contact the Federal Trade Commission.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lwelt 

I suggest actually reading how things work first before jumping into legal action.

Transfers from bank accounts are never instant they all go as echeques ie electronic transfers as that is the cheapest option for paypal.

That is why when you buy something paypal credit the seller upfront for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer to pay them back again, this is so you get your item without delay.

Takes 5-7 working days to transfer BUT funds normally leave your bank account from a few hours up to a few days later.

HOWEVER if its a friends/family payment funded from your bank account then this time you take the wait as that option is FREE.

if you choose to fund it via a card instead then it would be credited instantly as you would pay the card issuers fee.

Oh and lastly before you waste a lawyers time.........

https://www.theverge.com/2012/10/17/3511792/paypal-class-action-suit-ban

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.