Can I send or receive money from someone without linking a bank account to my PayPal

dominiquecaras
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys. I am receiving money soon from someone or you could say it's a refund due to a job that wasn't completed. I have my debit card on my PayPal account but I don't have my bank account linked to my paypal. I want to know when I do receive the money from this person. will I be able to receive the money and when/if I do, will I be able to spend the money I get without having to link a bank account?

The reason I ask is, I tested transferring money from my bank account (card) to my paypal balence, just like 10p just to see if I could do that, but it asked me to link my bank account so I am guessing things may get hairy when it comes down to the person sending me this money soon, I feel this may happen and my money that I am supposed to get may got into limbo if I don't link my bank account to PP, but I am not sure.

Does anyone know if anyone sends you money, do you have to link your bank account to PP, keep in mind that I have my debit card set up to PP so I don't understand why it is asking me this?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.