Another usenet.nl scammed

Isham16
Like many I’ve subscribed for few days to Usenet as they were offering a 2 weeks trial period. I’ve cancelled it on PayPal after few days and tried to contact them by contact on their website (as there is no other solution). Of course there is no trace with this approach. 2 questions: - why PayPal is supporting this company with these behaviors? - how come it is not possible as any subscription to simply cancel it to stop it ? They are trying to pursue me with an external Collection agency , my legal counsel is happy to support me hopefully so they won’t see a penny from me. Usenet business approach is really not acceptable and by surfing the web it seems it is usual ! Any experience sharing is welcome
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Isham16 

The company will set up a billing agreement in your PayPal account and charge you after trial period. You'll have to cancel through the account you have with the merchant if possible AND make sure the billing agreement is canceled in your PayPal account:

Go to Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel on the right.

Then you must request refund from merchant.

https://en.usenet.nl/unf/shop/misc/miscShowCancellationRight.cfm

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Isham16
Thank you for the proposed solution, my subscription was canceled hopefully but they said they (Usenet) never received my cancellation on their website. They are trying to recover for a service I didn’t use and I’ve cancelled, is it acceptable ?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.