"Check your account at your card issuer before retrying this card" message..

omcigars
Contributor
Contributor

I am having issues with paypal or square space integration.  I have had 20+ a day, customers to omcigars.com who have shared screen shots and videos with me that their paypal transactions have all failed. A failed !!! exclamation "Check your account at your card issuer before retrying this card" message..  This is significantly impacting my business.  I have already been in touch with Paypal with no positive response.. so I will please need you to help me resolve the matter.  I am losing more and more business each day because of this.  the transactions are not going through.  Thank you so much

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Hi @omcigars,

Thank you for contacting PayPal community.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

I have tried to reproduce the issue by processing a test payment on your website - https://www.omcigars.com/

and could able to process the payment flow via PayPal without any issue.

Please find the attached snap shot for reference.

Screenshot_20200518-160943.jpg

Unfortunately, we are restricted to process live payments on merchant websites, I have used test card details and payment attempt failed as expected. I request to process a test payment via card which is not linked to your PayPal account.

This error can occur for multiple reasons. Here's a Help Center article I recommend reviewing first: My payment was declined. Why can’t I make or send a payment?

If you're still running into issues after that, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support to research this a bit further. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Call Us at the bottom of the PayPal website. 

Thank you for understanding and patience.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal, Inc.

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

omcigars
Contributor
Contributor
Today I tried a card with a corresponding email and phone number to that card and it worked a card that I wasn't able to use before moreover I heard back from Squarespace and they've asked me to take these steps. It looks like the problem could be related to some PayPal account settings. To try to resolve this, we're going to ask you to remove Squarespace's permissions from your PayPal account, then reconnect the account to your Squarespace site. Use the following steps: In your PayPal account, click Tools, and select All Tools. Click API credentials. Under Pre-built payment solution, click Manage API permission. Next to Squarespace, click the arrow and select Remove Third Party. Click OK in the window that displays. Ensure your PayPal Business account has a valid card connected to it. PayPal requires this to approve and process Squarespace transaction fees. PayPal doesn't accept PayPal balances to process these. Go back to your Squarespace site, and use the steps in our guide to reconnect PayPal: Kind regards O.M
Login to Me Too

Kaka94
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.