item description not showing on receipt from buy now button

ibstales
Contributor
Contributor

Hello - I have set up a buy now button on my wordpress site. It is taking the money fine but the buyer's receipt just shows the transaction id, purchase date, "payment to and from" and price. The item description doesn't show on the receipt at all.

Eg: they have bought one book called Winnie the Pooh for £20 but their receipt just shows they have paid a total of £20, it doesn't tell them what they have bought at all.

The transaction confirmation I receive shows the item description perfectly and it all shows fine in the saved button in my Paypal account, but obviously I want people to know what they have paid for so I need to fix their receipts. Can anyone help? I'd be very grateful!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Kavyar

Good day @ibstales,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

Please try to process a test payment using a card that is not associated to your PayPal Account, since merchants can't process self-payments.

Once the payment is processed, please verify the email receipts.

If your still facing issues, please contact our PayPal Customer service via link -  https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us (then choose at the bottom one of the contact methods - email or phone) who should be able to help you regarding the email notification issue.

Sincerely,

Kavya

PayPal MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.