Update your PayPal buttons before 29th March 2017.......

Lakshmana
Contributor
Contributor

================================

Updating thread title to reflect the new date of March 29th.

Please note that we have extended the go live date for this until March 29th. Any questions related to updating the buttons and HTML basics related to this upgrade please post here.

================================

HI,

I received this email from PayPal..

Update your PayPal buttons before 18 January 2017

In January, we'll be upgrading the PayPal integration you're using, Website Payments Standard, to:

• Let your customers check out in a click with One Touch™
  • Ensure your checkout is always mobile-optimised
  • Deliver a simpler checkout design that’s consistent across desktop and mobile

To ensure you can continue to process payments once these upgrades have taken place, please update your PayPal buttons by 18 January 2017.

What do you need to do?

We’ve identified problems with at least one of your PayPal buttons so please check all your existing buttons for invalid or incorrect data.

--

I've been testing my buttons to see if theres a problem, so far all working (still many to go)
If PayPal has identified a problem cant they also mention where and what it is since they discovered it?

I see the PayPal documentation but so far I cant see my mistake..

Any help or advice on this most welcome.. i.e further info on this email and how to troubleshoot this..

Anthony

Login to Me Too
284 REPLIES 284

ILL101
Contributor
Contributor

Hello MTS_Ciaran,

First, I'd like to thank you for your help on this forum!

We too received a notice from our PayPal account manager informing us that there may be a problem with our PayPal integration. Also, when we log into our PayPal account, we see the following message towards the top of the page: http://www.screencast.com/t/qIh5z5V8. 

That said, my team and I throughly reviewed the PayPal Payments Standard Developer Documentation and associated HTML reference and we can't find any issues with our integration. Our integration uses supported parameters that PayPal accepts.

Please note, that we don’t use PayPal buttons. Our website directly integrates with PayPal. To see the request our website makes you can follow these steps:

1) Go here: http://bit.ly/2iOXifF
2) Enter any Level and Email Address
3) Select PayPal payment method
4) Click on the Complete button

It still shows the old interface on PayPal, but from what I understand, the new interface is not yet available for subscriptions. Could you kindly review our integration and let us know if you see any issues with it? 

Lastly, on the FAQ page (https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ2067), it says that the update will be on March 29, 2017, but on the email we received from our Account rep and the message that appears on the site it says January 18, 2017. This is a little confusing - which date is correct?

Thank you so much in advance for your help with this! 

Best,

Eran
Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

How do, thanks for posting, I've moved your message over to the main thread for the PAyments Standard upgrade.

So originally the date was Jan 18th, but was pushed out to en of March so we can work with as many merchants and partners as possible to get them ready. So to confirm, current date is March 29th.

with regards to your integration, your correct, the Subscription flow is not yet on the new Checkout flow, so this sign up flow won't be affected, and won't need to be upgraded at the moment.  It that being said, I'll check the logs on my side to see why exactly your integration was flagged for communication. 

Ill keep you posted.

Login to Me Too

cadint
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same issue; PayPal is notifying us about updating our PayPal buttons but seem to be working OK and re-directing to the new page. Could you please help?

We are using PHP Toolkit for PayPal and the following code:

<form action="<?php echo $paypal['url']; ?>" method="post" name="frmPaypal" id="frmPaypal">
<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="<?php echo $paypal['amount']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="invoice" value="<?php echo $paypal['invoice']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="<?php echo $paypal['item_name']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="<?php echo $paypal['business']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="<?php echo $paypal['cmd']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="<?php echo $paypal['site_url'] . $paypal['success_url']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="<?php echo $paypal['site_url'] . $paypal['cancel_url']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="<?php echo $paypal['site_url'] . $paypal['notify_url']; ?>">

<input type="hidden" name="rm" value="<?php echo $paypal['return_method']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="<?php echo $paypal['currency_code']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="<?php echo $paypal['lc']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="bn" value="<?php echo $paypal['bn']; ?>">
<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="<?php echo $paypal['display_shipping_address']; ?>">

</form>

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

How do....

Just checked the account on our DB and was able to see 1 example from December 25, the amount was passed to PayPal with a "$" symbol see below from our logs:

item_name=Sub17-133
amount=$412.50

The $ symbol is most likely what got you on the list for notification. Make sure when passing the amount you only send in this format:

amount=xxxx.xx

Login to Me Too

ILL101
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Ciaran wrote:

How do....

Just checked the account on our DB and was able to see 1 example from December 25, the amount was passed to PayPal with a "$" symbol see below from our logs:

item_name=Sub17-133
amount=$412.50

The $ symbol is most likely what got you on the list for notification. Make sure when passing the amount you only send in this format:

amount=xxxx.xx

Hi MTS_Ciaran,

Which account was this response for? Doesn't seem like one of our subscription products, so I imagine it was intended for someone else. Did you have a chance to check your logs to see why our integration was flagged for communication?

Thanks for your help! 

Eran

Login to Me Too

cadint
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much. That worked a treat! Just making sure we are passing numbers, not currency symbols.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

That was meant for cadint 🙂

I checked on our internal tools and couldnt find any hits from December 15th, so I suspect that there may have been a historical log tied to your account which meant your account was added to the list of notification receipients, a case of us making sure we cover everyone that may be impacted to be safe.

But from what I can see there hasnt been any hits on your account for the past month and coupled with the fact that you're using subscriptions only, I would say your safe for the March 29th change.

Login to Me Too

robax
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I've been seeing the warning in my PayPal account for some time now:

We've identified some issues with your Website Payments Standard integration as it's passing invalid or incorrect data to PayPal in one or more of your Payment buttons.

But for the life of me I can't figure out where it is seeing a problem. Is there any way to find out where PayPal has identified the faulty button?

And regardless, the only payments I've received in the last year have been either to invoices I have issued through PayPal or to invoices generated by Xero accounting. I have already been in touch with Xero and they said the PayPal integration was actually developed by PayPal and not Xero. I would have to trust that PayPal has done it properly.

I have also checked various buttons and shopping cart plugins that I have on my system (I build websites) and all have tested fine. They all lead to the new PayPal checkout.

So I'm left wondering what the problem is and how to find the offending buttons?

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards

Rob

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Hi Robax,

I've checked your account and cannot see any failures for the past month, again I suspect a historical issue was the reason for you getting bumped on the list of potentially impacted, a case of better safe than sorry 🙂

Login to Me Too

robax
Contributor
Contributor

@MTS_Ciaran wrote:

Hi Robax,

I've checked your account and cannot see any failures for the past month, again I suspect a historical issue was the reason for you getting bumped on the list of potentially impacted, a case of better safe than sorry 🙂

Brilliant! Thanks for checking that for me... it's exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks heaps

Rob

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.